Environmental Security Policy
1. Scope of Application
This Environmental Security Policy (this “Policy”) set forth the basic principles to be complied with by our directors, officers, employees and contract and dispatch employees (collectively, “All Executives and Employees”) in order to thoroughly ensure security, safety and environmental conservation in all of our corporate activities.
2. Basic Principles
- We ensure the safety of All Executives and Employees as well as of the local community, and strive to prevent security incidents and industrial accidents.
- We strive for environmental conservation in all of our corporate activities, including providing various products which contribute to environmental conservation and promoting environmental improvement activities.
- We comply with laws and regulations and other rules pertaining to security, safety and environmental conservation, and will construct, operate, maintain, and improve a management system in order to thoroughly ensure security, safety and environmental conservation.
3. Management System
- We appoint the CEO as the chief executive for managing security, safety and environmental conservation. In accordance with this Policy, in order to thoroughly ensure security, safety and environmental conservation, the CEO establishes an expert committee, presided over by an executive officer in charge, as a consultation body pertaining to agendas such as necessary priority measures.
- In order to ensure the construction and operation of a system pertaining to security, safety and environmental conservation, the CEO places officers in charge and causes them to supervise the execution of operations for security management and environmental management, and the inspection to be conducted by the head office for each relevant factory and/or workplace.
- We do not only comply with applicable international regulations and related domestic laws and regulations, but also establish internal regulations (regulations, bylaws and procedures), present clear rules for overall management pertaining to thoroughly ensuring security, safety and environmental conservation, and ensure that All Executives and Employees are thoroughly informed of such rules.
4. Conducting RC Activities
In order to comply with this Policy, we engage in the following responsible care (“RC”) in good faith:
- Maintaining and improving safe and stable operations
We are constantly aware of sources of danger, eliminate any risk, maintain safe and stable operations, as well as striving for further improvement and aiming for no accidents and no incidents, to thereby strive to ensure the safety, comfort and health of the local community and All Executives and Employees.
- Contributing to society and environmental conservation
We strive to realize a sustainable society and environment through corporate activities, gather updated safety information regarding the chemical substances and products to be handled, and provide customers, distribution-related parties and All Executives and Employees with appropriate information, thereby striving to reduce the security, safety and environmental burdens in the entire process from product development through to the disposal thereof.
- Contributing to the local community
Through dialogue and communication activities with the local community regarding security, safety, environmental conservation and health, we cooperate with the local community and thereby contribute to its development.
5. Enhancing Literacy for Security, Safety and Environmental Conservation
We continuously provide related All Executives and Employees with education and training for security, safety and environmental conservation, thereby striving to enhance literacy for security, safety and environmental conservation.
6. Conducting Audits
In order to ensure that this Policy and the rules, standards and guidelines in accordance herewith are complied with, and that the management system pertaining to security, safety and environmental conservation has effectively functioned and been continuously improved, we conduct audits for specified workplaces and departments on a periodic basis, and conduct audits for other workplaces and departments as appropriate.
7. Reinforcing Contractor/Outsourcee Management System
In the event of outsourcing all or part of the operations related to its business activities, we sufficiently examine the eligibility of contractors/outsourcees, and set forth in an agreement, etc., that their management standards regarding security, safety and environmental conservation shall be equivalent to or higher than ours. In addition, we will confirm that their management standards are appropriately maintained by conducting periodic audits on the contractors/outsourcees, thus, striving to maintain and improve their management system.